Senior Piping Engineer (relocation to the Netherlands)
We are looking for experienced, degree-qualified piping engineering personnel to join our team in the Netherlands, ideally on a permanent staff basis, for a Senior Piping Engineer position.
- Responsible for the schedule and budget performance of the mechanical discipline team assigned to him
- Responsible for the technical integrity of the discipline’s work performed under his supervision and for the observance of project HSE requirements relevant to his team’s work scope
- Coordinates with other discipline lead engineers to ensure correct implementation of the design and its intent
- Able to coordinate work with input from all disciplines in to the 3D model when required by the Project.
- Participates in formal design reviews and HAZOP meetings to meet this obligation
- Conduct or direct site surveys and plant visits to establish equipment and/or layout constraints in the existing facilities on brownfield sites that may influence the overall project design concept and be able to work with Process, I&C and Piping layout engineers to recommend the most economical solutions
- Must be able to prepare piping and piping fittings’ specifications and prepare material purchase requisitions and perform technical evaluations of bidders’ responses
- Prepare discipline construction scope of work, testing procedures and methodologies and other necessary discipline reports;
- Perform all work in line with WorleyParsons’ EMS processes and project specific procedure
- Be innovative in design work regarding minimization of cost while maintaining technical integrity.
Job Specific Knowledge:
Must have a broad knowledge in piping design related international codes and standards.
Must be familiar with the requirements of piping stress calculations.
Experience in Pre-FEED, FEED and EPCm projects.
Industry Specific Experience:
Relevant experience in the engineering design and construction support of brownfield projects in the refining, petrochemicals or chemicals industries
Candidate must have a broad knowledge of national and international codes and standards
BSc degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering (or similar) subject with engineering and design experience in all aspects of in-plant piping layout and design.
Competent in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access.
Experience in CADD software such as Intergraph Microstation, PDMS and also AUTOCAD.