Senior Mechanical Engineer (relocation to the Netherlands)
We are looking for experienced, degree-qualified mechanical engineers to join our team in Bergen op Zoom, the Netherlands, ideally on a permanent staff basis for a Senior Mechanical Engineer position.
- Responsible for the schedule and budget performance of the mechanical discipline team assigned to him
- Responsible for the technical integrity of the discipline’s work performed under his supervision and for the observance of project HSE requirements relevant to his team’s work scope
- Coordinates with other discipline lead engineers to ensure correct implementation of the design and its intent
- Participates in formal design reviews and HAZOP meetings to meet this obligations
- Conduct or direct site surveys and plant visits to establish equipment and/or layout constraints in the existing facilities on brownfield sites that may influence the overall project design concept and be able to work with Process, I&C and Piping layout engineers to recommend the most economical solutions
- Must be able to prepare equipment specifications and prepare material purchase requisitions and perform technical evaluations of bidders’ responses
- Prepare discipline construction scope of work, testing procedures and methodologies and other necessary discipline reports
- Perform all work in line with WorleyParsons’ EMS processes and project specific procedures
- Be innovative in design work regarding minimization of cost while maintaining technical integrity.
Job Specific Knowledge:
- Should have sufficient knowledge of his non-specialist areas to be able to provide direction to a team of mechanical and piping engineers/designers of various backgrounds as needed.
- Specialist experience in one or more of the fields of vessels, drums and column design (and internals), heat exchanger design, pumps and/or compressors
- Experience in Pre-FEED, FEED and EPCm projects.
Industry Specific Experience:
- Relevant experience in the engineering design and construction support of brownfield projects in the refining, petrochemicals or chemicals industries
- Candidate must have a broad knowledge of national and international codes and standards
BSc degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of ten (10) years engineering and design experience as a mechanical engineer
- Competent in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access.
- Experience in and competency in the use of software programs such as HTRI, PVElite, STX, ACX and CFX
- Experience of other specialty design programs would be an advantage